Blog : BOARD TALK
|Posted on March 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM|
I love it when nuggets of information come together and BAM - it's a story. So it is with my interest in the mining sector, its current challenges, women, and the boardroom.
I'm feeling lazy, so no links - you'll have to use the search function (it does work) to find my old posts on the subject.
A few facts:
- the top 100 mining companies have more women on boards, but the top 101-500 mining companies have more women in senior executive posts.
- the larger the plc's market cap, the more likely there is to be a woman on the board
- plcs listed on the LSE have the worst level of representation of women (Johannesburg Stock Exchange leads)
- profit margins are higher for plcs with women on the board
- mining is the worst sector for gender diversity - 5% of board seats are held by women in top 500 mining plcs